The REEFER Concept
Red Sea’s REEFER series of Reef Systems, provide advanced hobbyists with a solid foundation for building a fully featured reef or marine aquarium.
The REEFER series combines a contemporary, rimless, ultra-clear glass aquarium with a stylish cabinet and a comprehensive water management system, including a professional sump with integrated automatic top-up, and Red Sea’s unique silent down-flow system.
- Incorporating technologies originally developed for Red Sea’s all-in-one MAX coral reef systems, the REEFER series is designed for ease of operation while enabling the advanced hobbyist to install an unlimited choice of lighting, filtration, circulation and controllers to create a uniquely customized system.
The Reefer gives a customized marine tank based on the essentials of a quality build incorporating superior clear glass, professional sump system topped off with a stylish cabinet.
Red Sea REEFER Aquarium Tank
- Rimless, ultra-clear, bevelled edge glass aquarium.
- Elegant marine-spec cabinet.
- Professional sump with constant height skimmer chamber and micron filter bags.
- Silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow.
- Integrated automatic top-up system with reservoir.
- Assembly-ready piping – no gluing required.
- REEFER aquariums are constructed from thick, bevelled-edge, ultra-clear glass to support their elegant and modern rimless design.
The aquarium sits on a recessed base that “floats” it above the cabinet, which seamlessly follows the contour of the glass.
The marine-spec laminated cabinet that houses the sump, (and in the larger models also includes a dedicated, vented space for chillers) is smartly finished with weatherproof, epoxy-painted doors.
REEFER Water Management System
Removable surface-skimming combs surround the top of the centrally located overflow box that houses the down pipe, sump return pipe and the discreet multi-directional “eyeball” return outlet nozzle.
In the event of a blockage in the regulated down pipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump.
On entering the sump the water passes through a 200 micron mechanical filter bag, before entering the filtration compartment that maintains a constant water height, making it suitable for all skimmers and other reactors.
In order to remove any air bubbles that may have escaped from the skimmer, the water passes through a bubble-stripping cascade on its way to the return pump chamber.
To ensure a constant water level in the pump compartment, all REEFER sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system.
Supplied as a complete self-assembly kit, all pipe work is ready without the need for any gluing.